Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Art in Stardoll - Klimt I



Art in Stardoll, Klimt part I. Klimt is my favourite artist and I love that stardoll made this doll : )


The stardoll paperdoll 'Judith' is based on the painting Judith and the Head of Holofernes by Klimt. The painting is the Klimt's interpretation of the Book of Judith included in the Bible, which has been represented in paintings by numerous artists such as Michelangelo and Caravaggio. In fact Klimt has another version of the painting named Judith II.


Gustav Klimt, 1862-1918 Austria

Klimt was a very important symbolist painter, member of the Vienna Secession movement. Among his paintings he also produced murals, sketches and other art objects. His main theme was women or the female body and sensuality, most of his paintings are marked by erotism and romance.





8 comments:

  1. I love the paintings! I love it when you post you always do stuff that normal people dont post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please don't post that in ramadan :) cuz it not good for Muslims :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paintings!!! It's amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh ! YUk !! Please don't post this ! I'm shocked now !

    ReplyDelete
  5. @thestardollsocietyfr, this is art, you will learn about it in school!
    @selena.g.65 I guess she didnt know, but anyway its just art. Not real?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pallie thanks so much for the nice comments, I really appreciate them.

    @selena, I apologize if the post is against Ramadan because it contains nudity, I did not know about that, but I guess its just art and a form of expression not a form of offension : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know it not real but we see .... !! that not good :S it okay i will close my eyes when i see the pic XD lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. @n**barcelone your welcome
    @selena.g.65 we are all supporting and respecting each religion, and i guess she didnt know, just like me.

    ReplyDelete